Friday, January 24, 2014

Batman Television Series Archival Scans

Over a year ago I posted scans of archival materials related to the BATMAN television series. Looking over the blog statistics, I was shocked to discover that it was among the top three most viewed blog posts I ever wrote. So I assume Bat fans would like to read a whole bunch more. Here you go!

By the way, over the past year I received many requests from people asking me to scan copies of other archival documents related to the TV series, for projects of their own. Anyone considering sending me a similar request be warned: While I filled as many of those requests as I could, I recently donated all of the archival materials to a friend who loves the BATMAN television series and I no longer have them. (2014 is the year of "cleaning house" and this helps clear away shelf space in the basement.) I did scan every piece of paper in the collection, all 3,000 plus sheets of paper, and a digital copy is now preserved on CD-Rom. (Just because I gave them away doesn't mean I don't have them -- they are just in a different format).

By the way, a friend of mine who helps out with staffing at the Mid-Atlantic Nostalgia Convention told me his plans of creating a website devoted to the BATMAN television series. I gave him the scans via CD-Rom and he added hundreds more of his own. That site is now available for viewing. An estimated 800 plus scans are posted on the site. So after you are done reading these, if you want to read more, visit his site at http://www.batmantelevisionseries.com

(Click on the photos to enlarge.)